The 1st of December is just around the corner and it’s time to put up the Christmas tree and decorate!
For a lot of people, hot Christmas Day’s on the Gold Coast are spent outside on the patio where the kids can run around with their new toys and the men can stand around the BBQ cooking with beverage in hand.
If you want to get into the true spirit of Christmas this year, here’s some patio decorating ideas:
- Consider moving your Christmas tree to your patio for any holiday parties that you will be having. Not only will this give your guests a place to store their gifts out of the way, it will also add to your decoration.
- Set up a Santa’s Workshop at one end of your patio, using garden gnomes as the little elves. Arrange some old toys around the gnomes and wrap up some boxes to signify presents.
- Set up a nativity scene at one end of your patio, with an old sheet for the backdrop. You could even get a hold of some hay and spread it around for a more authentic look.
- Cover your patio furniture with fabric in the theme and spirit of the day – red, white and green are the colours most associated with Christmas.
- Hang tinsel between the beams and posts of your to really tie together the festive atmosphere.
There are plenty of other ways that you can decorate your patio for Christmas – all you have to do is use your imagination.
Don’t have an insulated patio? There is still time to order your new patio from Action Sheetmetal & Roofing before Christmas.